Wednesday, June 14, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Tries Water Bleaching With Distress Oxides


Hello Crafty Friends! I was looking to make a quick card today and ended up with three! My recently acquired Distress Oxides were still on the table from finishing off my stencil storage folder for my Mixed Media Tutorial later on this month. I'm sort of in the process of putting them through their paces to see how I like them.

Anyway, I wondered, if one could easily do water bleaching with the oxides. What can I say? It does work, have a look for yourselves.



This is the card is my second attempt. Here is how I started off:



I used rolled up dried baby wipes to apply the oxides which gave me the nice soft border. I layered amber over the pistachio.



I picked up the Blossom Sprays #1 (available in the store on June 15), liberally spritzed it with water and stamped.



Oh dear! It looked as if the card bubbled. I decided to let it dry and see, if it was anything I could to to rescue it.



In the meantime I started again, this time with lipstick and violet.



This time I was very careful and lightly spritzed with water, repeating the stamping several times until I was happy with the result.



The oxide left on the stamp was quickly stamped on a piece of white card.



To rescue my original piece, I stamped the blossom spray in amber and ended up with this nice delicate look. I wanted to keep with the delicate feel and did some inlaid die-cutting and pistachio stamping for my sentiment.



To finish I simply added some pearls and Stickles.



My next card was finished off with a bold contrasting die-cut 'Birthday' and a violet stamped 'wishes'.



The third card ended up on a bold base card with a little dotty Washi and a simple stamped sentiment.





That's it from me for today. If you feel inspired to try water bleaching with Distress Oxides, why not link your make up with our Spotlight Project Showcase. We love to see your makes.



Have a lovely day!

hugs

Monika xxx


Here is what I used:
Blossom Sprays #1 is due for release shortly
StampClub-BlossomOverture-preview.jpeg stmp1075.jpeg BloomingBuds-preview-web

preview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectanglebirthday-worddiepreview-blessings-worddie

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful results from you 'playing' with the new inks - well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rescue, great technique and so gorgeous ...Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are lovely. Love the delicate green and also the stamped off partial image. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you create this subtle background design!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)